In Ep 23, everything old is new again. We delve into management theories from 100 years ago that not only have relevance for change and improvement in 2020 – but are often wrapped up in shiny paper and touted as new. And why does a change in CEO bring a quality system to a grinding halt? All this – and more…
1. QUALITY QUANDARY: (2:24) Everything old is new again…and again and again…
Management theory of Mary Parker Follett. If you’ve ever participated in a collaborative, negotiated a position or tried to engage staff in change, you’ve either used Follett’s principles – or should be!
2. THE POINT (10:30)
This is one of our favourite articles for a long time.
Goyal A, Glanzman H, Quinn M, et al Do bedside whiteboards enhance communication in hospitals? An exploratory multimethod study of patient and nurse perspectives. BMJ Quality & Safety Published Online First: 06 November 2019. doi: 10.1136/bmjqs-2019-010208
3. TLDR (22:00)
Annual reading from The Point of Care (www.cathybalding.com)
Did Elena do it??? Or is Carol jumping to conclusions in her desperation to discover who is thwarting Great Care at Kingsley Valley Health Service?
4. DRDR – Did Read – Do Read (27:45)
Leggat S, Balding C. The impact of leadership churn on quality management in Australian hospitals. Journal of Health Organization and Management. 2019;33(7/8):809-820.
4. QUALITY HACK (35:20)
Jones says ‘my phone and email do not command me’. Or at least we can try!
5. OTHER BITS:
- Exciting conference coming up – and No Harm Done is on the program! Better Care Everywhere – healthcare variation in practice: https://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/our-work/healthcare-variation – this has been postponed and will now be 4-5 February 2021.
- New free ebook from Balding: ‘Three Essential Strengths for Quality Leaders.’ Access here: https://qualityclass.kartra.com/page/QLeaderStrengthseBook
- CPD hours – would you like to earn 1 CPD hour for every time you listen to our podcast? If so, let Jones know we can investigate producing a product for this: email@example.com
- Talk to Us: