This is the first episode of “No Harm Done”, a podcast about improving, exploring, understanding and getting on with healthcare safety and quality. This podcast is designed to give you tips and ideas and hopefully to save you time if you’re working in the area of quality & risk management. Hosted by Cathy Balding and Cathy Jones, from Melbourne, Australia.
- Quality Quandry – a big issue we unpack, explore and argue about. In this episode we tackle Clinical Governance vs Quality
- TLDR – Too Long Didn’t Read – we read this loooong publication, so you wouldn’t have to. https://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/publications/national-model-clinical-governance-framework/ (National Model Clinical Governance Framework)
- Quality Hack – a life or work hack that we’ve found useful. You’ll have to listen!
- Latest News – check out the new Australian National Safety & Quality Health Service Standards, 2nd edition https://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/our-work/assessment-to-the-nsqhs-standards/nsqhs-standards-second-edition/
- DRDR – Did Read, Do Read. This is an article we’ve read recently (or one from the vault) that we highly recommend you look up and read yourself https://hbr.org/2013/05/health-cares-service-fanatics (How Cleveland Clinic broke out of the pack and became the high quality model service)
- Pet Peeve – This segment covers issues that recur in healthcare that contribute to lower quality care and annoy patients and staff. Can we eliminate these to make everyone happier? Listener suggestions welcome!
- The Point! – here we focus on patients/consumers and their perspectives. Yes, this is the entire point of what we do! In this episode we look at Facebook user ratings and the first Irish national patient experience survey:
- FAAAQQs – Frequently Asked And Answered Quality Questions. We’re happy to take yours – and we’ve collected plenty of our own over the years!
- Other websites that got a mention in episode 1:
- http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Health/Policy/Quality-Strategy – Scottish NHS
- www.ihi.org – Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- www.safetyandquality.gov.au Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Healthcare
- http://www.cec.health.nsw.gov.au/ Clinical Excellent Commission of NSW Australia
- www.Cathybalding.com – Balding’s website
- www.Hitchpodonline.com – for those that want to check out Jones’s podcast about Hitchcock movies
The No Harm Done podcast is also available in the iTunes library for download. With most podcasts, it’s often convenient to listen on a mobile device, so the instructions below may help if podcasts are new to you. However, you do not have to listen through itunes or a podcast app (and work computers do not support itunes). So you can also listen through the website. http://noharmdonepodcast.com/.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLE/iPHONE Open the “Podcasts” app on your iPhone. This is a standard iPhone app. On the search screen, enter “No Harm Done Podcast”. Click “subscribe”. This will load future episodes automatically in your app OR Go to the iTunes Store app. On the search screen, enter “No Harm Done Podcast”. Click on the icon and this will allow you to play or download OR Click on the link below to take you to iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/no-harm-done-podcast/id1356087526
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANDROID Go to the “Play Store”. Download a free podcast app such as Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Podcast Go or CastBox. In the “search” or “add podcast” screen, enter “No Harm Done”. You can also cut & paste the RSS feed into the appropriate field: http://noharmdonepodcast.com/feed/podcast